Enjoy cushioning for 1,000 km with the K-Ring in the heel and Kalensole sole.
Enjoy more stability with the ARKSTAB concept
Reinforced foam under the insole for optimal comfort.
The texture and geometry of the soles provide extra grip on wet terrain.
264 g in size 38
Suits all strides (neutral, over-pronator, under-pronator) thanks to K-Only.
The exclusive Kalensole material gives extra propulsion.
NEW FEATURES OF THE KIPRUN LONG 2
In 2020, we have improved the KIPRUN LONG 2 thanks to your feedback over the last 2 years:
- the forefoot has been improved for more comfort in the arch
- new rubber on the outer sole to improve grip by over 37%
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CUSHIONING
To give you optimal comfort and performance when running, we concentrated our attention on the sole which features 2 concepts:
- K-Ring: a ring located in the heel to improve cushioning at the rear and spread the shockwave in order to provide effective protection for the body: joints, back, knees, etc.
- Kalensole: improves cushioning by 34% and propulsion 25% compared with standard foam and lasts up to 1,000 km.
DID YOU SAY STABLE?
A stable shoe that facilitates the roll-through of the foot and reduces the effort needed to control the foot and the heel for a more relaxed foot motion.
We have increased the surface supporting the foot, added a piece of TPU resin called ARKSTAB in the middle of the foot, and added reinforcement behind the heel.
THE COMFORT OF THE KIPRUN LONG 2
In order to run regularly over long distances, foot comfort is of the utmost importance.
We have therefore sought to improve the level of comfort thanks to the following:
- a new collar at the back of the shoe ensuring excellent heel support and ideal softness.
- a preformed sole made of open-cell PU (polyurethane) foam.
- a reworked forefoot area for more comfort.
- a seamless, single piece of fabric to reduce friction.
SUITED TO ALL TYPES OF STRIDES
Thanks to the exclusive K-ONLY technology and denser foam located under the first metatarsal, you no longer need to know your stride type: over-pronator, under-pronator or neutral)!
A 6-month study conducted with the Luxembourg Institute of Health* showed that the K-Only concept suits all strides.
The key figures of the study:
- 372 runners
- over 12,558 training sessions
- 12,094 hours of exercise
- 116,723 km covered
EXCELLENT ROAD-HOLDING ABILITY ON WET ROADS AND BENDS
Our sole is designed like a car tyre for running performance without losing control in wet conditions.
The new geometry of the sole combined with a new rubber component provides the KIPRUN LONG2 with excellent grip on wet terrain, even at top speed.
DROP 10 MM
The height difference between the back and front of the sole is 10 mm.
A TEAM OF PASSIONATE ATHLETES TO OFFER A UNIQUE RUNNING EXPERIENCE
The Kiprun LONG 2 is the product of Decathlon's footwear expertise gained over 10 years.
Caroline and Pierre-Emmanuel (product managers), Stéphane (project engineer) and Nicolas (designer), who are running enthusiasts, develop your Kiprun shoes with the help of a network of ambassadors: the runners at Decathlon, sports coaches and you!
In this way, we choose the components, create the prototypes and test and validate the products with laboratory and field tests.